Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tummy Troubles!!!

We are currently going through tummy troubles right now!! We only seem to have bottles with multiple holes in the nipples, so that makes for a "Too Fast" flow and Taylor takes in too much formula and air at the same time, which causes too much air to go in her little belly and causes gas. She is just so fussy right now. We can't seem to find any bottles around here with flow perfect for a newborn. We are going to be searching for something that will work for her for the times where she is not nursing. She has a few bottles that work, but we would like to have a larger selection.

She is sleeping right now, but it's probably going to be a very long day. I didn't feel right taking her out this morning for our little errand with her being so fussy, so I had to call and reschedule it. We have a doctors visit for her in the morning, so maybe they will be able to suggest something. Maybe a change in formula is in order or something. I don't know. We'll see what's going on tomorrow. When she wakes up, I'm going to give her a nice warm bath and nurse her again just to put her at comfort.

Last night, history was made. We elected our first African American president. Anyone who knows me, will know that I belong to the Republican Party. Yes, an African American woman who lives in the Englewood area of Chicago is a member of the Republican Party. I so was voting for McCain, but then I sat back and listened to what he and Palin actually had to say and it wasn't much of anything. I gave my vote to Barack and he won and I felt so proud last night of him. I am raising 3 black males right now and last night proved to them that they can do anything they put their minds to and to not listen to the nay-sayers, haters, blockers and whatever else you want to call them. That they can do whatever it is within them to do. I personally instill this into them. Because so many people try to bring positive people down, sometimes within ones own family. Sometimes, you just have to cast people to the side and go on with your dreams and goals. You have to do what is best for you and yours, regardless of what others want you to do and what they say "isn't good" for you.

You have to do what is in your heart and in your mind. If you mess up, then you can say "My Mistake". That's why 2009 is going to be full of changes and surprises for me and my family. I'll keep you all updated.

0 comments: