Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Still Down A Bit, But Feeling Better!!

I woke up today feeling in a bit better mood. I guess when you are pregnant for what seems like forever, when you get all set on a day to deliver and then get told "Not Today, But Next Week"...then you start to get in a mood. Everyone was all set for Taylor to be born and now we have to wait 6 more days. I hope these days fly by like they have been. We are so anxious to see little Taylor's face and to hold her and to spoil her.

But last night was kind of rough. I had about 2 moments where I broke down and said "Enough is Enough". I simply did not want to be pregnant anymore and actually called my mom to see if she knew of any methods that would bring on labor. She wants me to call my aunt who lives aobut 3 blocks from us and have her take me walking around the local park a few times. She was joking, as she said I needed to just wait it out like the doctor said and that I should enjoy the peace we have now. Because pretty soon, I'll be waking up every 2 hours to feed or change a diaper. I agreed. I also feel somewhat guilty. As I've read and followed many stories of babies who were born weeks, if not months ago and who are still hospitalized till this day and I'm blessed to still be pregnant after teh birthday scare. I mean, I could have been right up there with them, but I'm one of the lucky ones. I feel guilty and selfish at times for thinking of myself and not of Taylor. But if the doctor says she has to bake a few more days to ensure a healthy birth, then I'm going to follow that.

I also think I'm coming down with a cold or something. Or some sort of sinus infection, so if I can get rid of this before giving birth, then I'll be happy. I don't want to be sick and not be able to hold and nurse my baby because of it. I'd really be miserable then. Maybe it's just the weather changing, I don't know.

Just also wanted to send a "Good Luck" to a very strong woman I have come to know over the past few months. She is a fellow Mocha Mama and will be delivering (or has she already delivered???) her twins today at 7am Houston time. I don't know what time zone Houston is in, so I don't know if it's already been done. But her twin boys should be here or arriving any minute now. So very happy for her. There is also talk about another missing Mocha who could have popped over the weekend. Babies are going to start flying out now.

Have to go, have a busy day in front of me. Have to go and vote (not to thrilled about that, as I still don't know who I'm voting for) and then fax some paperwork over to my dumb school so that I can start classes tommorrow. Okay, that's not that busy of a day, but still, it is busy compared to what I have done in the past few days. I have had days where I just say around all day. Now I actually have to get out and about.

Will post more later.

0 comments: