Thursday, October 30, 2008

Learning New Things Everyday!!

This is Taylor getting ready for a visit from her Auntie and 3 cousins. She was all dressed and showing off the new bib that Auntie brought for her. I have one that says "My Mommie Rocks". But I'll save that one for when we take our pics together.




This is Taylor laying on the sofa pillow that I kept from our old sofa. I use it for those late night feedings and for my back, as my back issues have crept back up on me. I need to go and see a Chiropracter or something, as my entire mid-section...hips and lower back seem to be out of line and need to be cracked.




First I wanted to share some new pics of Taylor and then get into this post, as I don't think I'll be coming back to post until tommorrow. It's hard to believe that she has been here an entire week already. Seems like it was only yesterday that she was born.

Update on Hot Water situation...still have none. I guess every single drop of hot water has turned cold now. I don't know what or when it's going to be fixed. But I left a note on the door of the maintainence man to ask what was being done about it and how soon it was going to be fixed. One day is okay, but two days...I'm going to start going nuts!!

Also, got my birth records from this last birth. I just had some issues that I wanted cleared up. I didn't know why a lot of things happened and just wanted to see what they were not telling me. I still don't have an answer as to why I was not diagnosed with IUGR earlier on in the pregnancy, that is a conversation that I have to have to Dr S, I don't know if he is covering his a** or something, but I need to know something, as this is heavily weighing in on my decision as to rather or not I want to have anymore kids. To be sacked with something that was unexpected while you are pregnant, has you wondering if it will happen again.

Issue #1:

Taylor was born in the posterior position. Normally when a baby is born through the Vah-Jay-Jay, the baby comes out facing the mothers back, which allows for the smallest part of the head to be born first!! Taylor was looking up at the sky, which can explain part of the reason it was so difficult to push her tiny butt out.

Issue #2:

Taylor was also born in her "Caul". I saw this and didn't know what the heck it was. But seeing as how I'm online a lot, I looked it up and found this link from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caul

I never knew such a thing existed and today is the first I've heard of it. Now I understand why some of the nurses said something about the "Sac Protuding" out of my "Girly Bits". I truly wish we had caught Taylor's birth on video or even still photos. That would have been something.

I wonder what else could have gone on with this pregnancy. It would be the "Girl Pregnancies" where weird things happen. Goes to show you that girls start and cause more trouble in this world before they are even born!! LOL!!! I know that is true because I'm a girl (of course) and I cause all sorts of trouble. That's what girls are for.

But all in all, Taylor is happy and healthy. She's due to wake up within the next 30 minutes or so for her late afternoon "Bonding Session". That's when she is up for at least 2 hours, just looking around and clawing at her face and pooping and all that other good stuff. Take care and I'll try to post again tonight, but not 100% sure that will happen. Today is pretty much a "If I don't get back online by 7pm, it's not gonna happen night!". So if I'm not back on before 7pm, then I'll come back tommorrow.

0 comments: