Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Afternoon Post!! Feeling Blah!!! Damn Cable Company!!

Okay,

I never did make it out. I decided (and still don't know why) to go and attempt to clean the entire house and to look through all of Taylor's things, just to see if she is missing anything and what I have to pick up this week. I cleaned all but one room of the house and started to handwash some clothes, after doing that, I started to look through Taylor's things. I got halfway through them and decided that all she needs are more socks and that's it. I have enough Onesies and Sleepers to outfit a set of quads, every single day for weeks. I also have to pay a visit to my fave discount store and get this cute little warm-up set I saw, that will be my "Coming Home" outfit.

Here is Taylor's "Coming Home" outfit. The picture kind of stinks, but it says "Spoiled Rotten" and was the only 0-3 month outfit we could find in the entire store and comes with a hat, shirt and pants. Her big brother Jordan picked out her first pair of shoes and they are some pink Converse High-Top style shoes. I still remember that day we got all this stuff, we walked into the store and here is this little 5 year old in the store saying "I have to buy something for the baby!" and he goes right over to the baby section and picks out the shoes. I'm not sure if the shoes are showing in the pic, if not, I'll try to come back later and show them.



I seem to really be coming down with something. You know how you have those icky coughs where something comes up behind it? That's me right about now. I also took a short nap and didn't want to get up, but the phone was ringing like crazy (It was mom checking on me). I go to sleep okay, but wake up congested. I actually hate going to the docs office, because everytime we go, someone is sick and coughing, sneezing or blowing their noses. I hate this time of year. Yesterday, I was actually sitting two chairs away from someone who joked about having Menegitis (spelling???), when she said that...I looked at her and did something that most would see as an ignorant move, but I looked at her..shook my head and got up and sat in the back of the docs office!! I'm sorry, I don't know much about Menengitis...but...I do know that now is not the time for me to be catching anything. This cold or whatever that is trying to invade my body is enough, I don't need something more serious. This is why I'm keeping Taylor on "lock down" for awhile. We don't need a sick baby on our hands. So we are going to do all we can. If anyone looks like they are sick or something "Out you go!!".

Also, to close this afternoon post. Our cable company tried and actually attempted to pull a fast one over on us. When I placed the order for cable service for this house. I asked for 3 boxes and the cheapest package they had that offered HBO, we don't really watch any of the other channels, so we just got that one. When they came..I already knew there was going to be a problem....I told the guy "You do have all of our boxes right?". He said he only had paperwork for one box, so he called in and said there was only one box on the order. Fine...then we later realize we don't have all of our channels including HBO. So I am online today and speaking with a rep and told her the issues. She tried to pull another fast one over on us and said that the package we wanted was $89.99...but what she failed to realize was that I was on the Comcast site and that the package she was trying to sell us..actually cost $30 bucks less than the price she was telling us. If we had gone ahead and accepted the $89.99 price...we would have been locked into it and would have been paying that. I'm sorry, but for that price...we would want every channel available.

Also, she quoted the price of our current package. I was looking at the website and they have the same package on the package listing and it goes for 2 different prices, they were charging us the higher price. So I called her on that and asked why the same package was listed twice on the same page and why we were being charged the higher price. I bet she was like "Who is this chick?". I'm sorry, but Comcast will screw you over so quick and will continue to do it unless you call them on it. I have no doubt that something else will go wrong, that's why we only have Cable with them and that's only until mid January. After that, we are going back to the dish!!

Time for me to go, have to check and see if any of the girls have had their babies yet. Still have not heard anything from Elena, but I don't expect her to post for another few days or so. I know the boys have been born by now. I'm just so anxious to see them. Still haven't heard from our VA Mocha, I have her cell number and am tempted to give her a call. Will try to post later.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

LMBAO
u write well
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

ComcastCares1 said...

Hi Andrea,

I apologize for the experience.

Please allow me to assist in making this right for you. Please feel free to send me the phone number on the account so I can assist.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com