Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Bad Night!!

Or should I say morning. Taylor slept really well overnight and then at 4am, which is one of her regular wake up times, things started to go downhill!! Okay, not like you all are thinking, but had you seen her early this morning, you would understand what I'm talking about. Normally, Taylor will wake up at this time and have her diaper changed and then start her 4am feeding by whatever method. This was what happened. Normally, she falls right back to sleep or stays up no longer than 30 minutes and will fall asleep.

So not the case. I don't know if it was the fact that she wanted more to eat (this is eventually what put her to sleep) or she was having some sort of tummy trouble. I nursed her last night as the engorgement has gone down so much that I am able to do so and not be in excruiating pain. So she nursed for about 30 minutes on one side (unable to do other side right now) and I'm thinking she's cool. We didn't have a bottle made up in the room for her, so that thought hadn't crossed my mind at that time. I laid her down on her best sleeping position and patted her back to help her get to sleep. The little princess was not having it at all. She stayed up I don't know how long, but lets just say, she woke up at 4am and didn't really get to sleep until it was almost time for S to get up for school and he gets up at 6am. She fell asleep sometime shortly before that and I mean very shortly. It seemed as if she couldn't keep either her fingers or binkie in her mouth at all. Finally, I figured that she wouldn't get to sleep until right before her next feeding time, so I summoned a bottle and that put her right to sleep. Apparently, 30 minutes of nursing wasn't enough for her. So I don't know if I'm going to switch her feedings around and make the nursing sessions for the day time and bottle feed at night.

Other than that, she had a nice day. I put her in her car seat so I could make the bed and clean up the room and she fell asleep and stayed in it for about two hours. I had to pick her up out of it when the Comcast Technician came (they finally fixed a problem with the extra boxes!! THANK GOD!!!) and she fell right back asleep after eating a few ounces. Then at 4pm, she woke up and we had Mommie/Daughter bonding time. I talked to her and she just looked at me. We took a tour of the house and spent some time in the kitchen. Actually...I was preparing some bottles and ran out of one can of Similac, so I opened the Enfamil and found out that she does not like Enfamil at all!!!! She refused to eat it once I had time to feed her and kept gagging it up and refused to suck. I tested her out and made a bottle with Similac and she drank most of it. So I don't know if it was just new to her or what, but I'm going to see if she'll take Enfamil tommorrow. If not, then I'll stick with Similac. Good thing is, I don't have to purchase anymore until later this week, so if the Enfamil is not going to work, then I can just purchase some Similac and stick with that.

Not much else to report, but Operation Too Much Poop is still going on. I totally forgot that babies poop so much. My mom said "Better Out Than In". I agree. She hasn't given me as many poopie diapers as she used to. But they are still coming. Her 1st Dr visit with Dr S's wife will be next week, we are trying to figure out if it's going to be Friday or Saturday. More than likely Saturday so her Papa can go with. I'm anxious to see how much weight she has put on, as her face is definately starting to fill out.


Oh, I forgot to mention it, but at the hospital, they had a "New Moms Celebration Dinner". We got to choose between a Surf-N-Turf or a Chicken Kiev...since I am absolutely repulsed by Chicken Kiev (long story and I was pregnant at the time)...I chose the Surf-n-Turf. I have to admit, that at first I thought I wasn't going to be impressed with it. So I had Papa bring me some Shrimp Fried Rice just in case. But lets just say, that hospital did an amazing job. And a very nice young man did the set up for me. He even poured the "Sparkling Grape Cider" that was masked in a champagne bottle. The dinner was TO DIE FOR, but the steak could have used some steak sauce. I mean, they had cocktail sauce for the shrimp....but no steak sauce for the steak. I'm going to add pics and hope this post lays itself out right.




I would have been able to get better pics if the table I had would have acted right. I seem to have gotten the room with the defective bed and table!! But I enjoyed my stay.

Well getting ready to call it a night and watch this very odd baseball game. I thought they were going to do a entirely new game, but they picked up from where they left off the other day. If the Phillies win, they are the Champs, if the Devil Rays win....they play another game. Very interesting.

Take care and I'll try to post tommorrow.

0 comments: