Sunday, March 1, 2009

Only One Wake-Up, Blowout #2, Solids and Pageantry.

I have quite a bit to say this morning, because tommorrow will be busy for me, so I won't have a chance to post in the morning and by the time I get back from the Ortho, I'll be too tired to post. Anywho...

Only One Wake-Up: Taylor did surprisngly well last night. She went to sleep around 8pm and woke up at 3am. I wanted to wake her at 10pm to change her and feed her so that she'd stay asleep for a good part of the morning, but I was too tired myself so I didn't. So she woke up at about 3am, got her diaper changed, ate and was out like a light and she has been sleep since. She did a bit of whining about an hour ago, but I sat there to see if she would go back to sleep and she did. So I have a bottle and diaper ready for her when she wakes up, which should be any minute now.

Blow-out #2: Miss Taylor also had blowout #2 yesterday. Remember that cute pink outfit I was talking about yesterday??? RUINED...well not really...I was able to get it clean somewhat after extensive soaking. Have to keep soaking it in order for it to be back to normal. I had to have assistance this time because she is at the point where she puts her hands down there when I'm changing and I did not want her to get this poo all over the place. But she took the clean-up really well as one of her big brothers was holding her hands and she just kept looking up at him and smiling. It was her favorite big brother that was helping me.

Solids: Today we will have a mixture of cereal and applesauce together. I want her to try both of them together just to see how she'll respond to it. But so far she is liking whatever she is given.

Pageantry: As some of you may or may not know. I have a huge pageantry background. From competing, to coaching to directing. I'm now more into directing more than anything and when I found out I was having a baby girl this time around...yeah...that thought ran across my mind more than a few times. But I put that thought out of my mind out of respect for her father who is/was so set on getting her into basketball. I joke that he had her drafted for the W.N.B.A before she was even born. Well....I'm thinking she could do a pageant or two here or there. So far, I have entered her into the My Girl U.S.A pageant (online pageant) and the American Rose pageant. She was awarded the title of Baby Miss Chicago for the My Girl U.S.A pageant and we applied for the title of Teeny Miss Chicago Rose (I think that is the title..not sure). I was also looking into the Universal Royalty pageant, but may wait for an actual live event. I want her to enjoy the best of everything that is out there for her. Pageants can be a fun thing if done the right way and not in an excessive manner. I don't want to go overboard like some pageant moms do. I think I can be a low key pageant mom.

0 comments: