Monday, March 2, 2009

Brief Update

I got my cast off today. I'm super excited, but now my ankle area is sore as heck. The doc did some sort of thing to test it to see if I would need a walking boot or not, he sort of flexed it up and did it so hard I almost jumped off the table. But now that part of my foot is sore. I guess I have to get used to having it taped up and in such a confined space for the past 41 days. I honestly thought I would have 2 more weeks of being in a cast before he would take it off. But he came into the exam room all happy, shook my hand and told me he saw the x-ray and it looked good, so the cast was coming off today. I still have a little crack in my fibula, which is why he does not want me to put full pressure on it. Happy that he took my cast off, but still kind of upset because any trips to the mall are out for at least another 2 weeks. Can't do that much walking now, but can put some half-pressure as he says on it.

Anyways, while calling the house to have them call a cab to take me home. My mother told me to stop by the Gift Shop and by Taylor a toy. So I went straight to the stuffed animal section and was bombarded with about a million toys. I saw everything under the sun. I had a hard time selecting what to get for her. I narrowed it down to a white unicorn with a rainbow horn thingy and a cute little pink piggy. Since I'm always calling her my little piggy on account she snorts when she is about to start crying, I thought that would be the cute thing to get her, so I brought it. I took a picture of it with my mother's dinosaur camera, so once she gets the film developed then if I don't have a digital camera by then, I'll just upload that pic and show you guys.

Not much else to report except for Taylor is now taking cereal in her bottles. And her feedings have been upped to about 6 or 7 ounces per feeding and she is handling those well. She has not spit up in more than a week or so. SHe also had about 2 or 3 tablespoons of cereal yesterday. I had it on a plate and was feeding it to her and she ate it really well. I then followed up with a bottle with a bit of cereal in it. She is really liking it.

Will post more tommorrow.