Thursday, February 26, 2009

OMG...We Got Our First Huge Blowout!!!!

I have read from many parents about their babies having huge blowouts and having to clean it up. Remembering it from my older kids, it wasn't something that I necessarily wanted to go through...but I kind of found myself wondering when our big blowout was going to happen. If you are not a parent, then a big blowout is when a child or any age who is still in diapers has a Poo so explosive and big that it just goes all over everything.

Last night, I had fed Taylor and changed her diaper and put her in her crib. I am looking at television and the next thing I know I hear this weird sound coming from her direction. I think it is some sort of big burp or something, so I pay no attention to it really. Then she just starts to do this crying thing, I mean she is wailing so loud that it is high pitched. I am trying not to pick her up and just let her go to sleep, as she does this every night before going to sleep. She does this crying thing for about 5 minutes and then she is out like a light. But not last night, so when I finally realized that she wasn't going to sleep. I leaned over the crib and look down at her and I ask her "What's wrong mama?". She turns her head towards me and has the saddest look on her face and starts to cry. I'm like "Okay". So I plan to pick her up and rock her to sleep. I am sitting on the edge of our bed and I reach down into the crib to pick her up and I stand her up before picking her all the way up and I notice a stain on the front of her ALL WHITE bodysuit. I'm like "Holy S**t". This little girl had a blowout so big that it went up the front of her and she was laying on it. I'm dropping the F-Bomb like crazy because I totally was trying to figure out how I was going to get her out of this thing as I thought I had to pull it over her head which would have meant Poo would have traveled up.

I had to call in the Troops!!!! I just started shouting names and whoever came, I ordered them to get one thing or another. I had to get a towel to lay on the bed, wipes...new clothes and a huge stack of wipes,as I knew this was going to be a mess. I had to slide the bodysuit down off her shoulders and take it off from the bottom. Then J came in and saw the Poo and said "Ewww" and ran out the room holding his nose. D was like "How did she do all that?". Heck if I know, yesterday was a non-applesauce day.

I managed to clean her up and get her dressed. I left her laying on the bed while I talked to her as she wasn't going to go back to sleep. I was just talking to her and getting her to smile and calling her "Poo Princess". She liked it as she smiled and smiled. Then I tickled her to listen to her laugh. She has such a pretty laugh. As soon as I figure out how to record it, I will do so and post it here.

Well, I have an appointment to be at, at 9am this morning and I"m not even dressed and my hair is not done. I'm a slow poke and procrastinator to the fullest, so I need to get ready.

0 comments: